Top 5 Tips: Halloween for Bloggers & Influencers
The spook is contagious and just around the corner. Yes folks this week I’m talking Halloween! There are three reasons why this ghoulish festival is awesome for bloggers & influencers:
- The industry is growing. While Christmas sales were down 4% last year, Halloween keeps getting bigger! The spookiest time of the year estimated to be worth £320 million to retailers. What does this mean for you? That spells more brand collaborations for influencers.
- Content fatigue ever been an issue or simply want to shake things up from time to time? This spook-tastic festival presents the perfect opportunity for you to get trending with some seasonal content your audience will love.
- The parties, the fancy dress…. need I say more? As more and more brands hold events to celebrate the festival, Halloween is great for networking with those barriers down.
Good bloggers and influencers always stay one step ahead of the season, so even though its only September you should already be planning your creative and preparing for a surge in engagement.
To help get those creative juices flowing, here are my 5 top tips with frighteningly good examples for a Halloween to die for…
1. Get Vlogging
If you want to venture into the world of vlogging, but the extent to your video content so far is the odd Instagram story, Halloween tutorials are the perfect way to ease yourself in. They allow you to create engaging content your audience will love – with minimal editing. What’s more, you can post the content as a still on your feed – and encourage your fans to share their variations!
2. Halloween DIY Inspo
Engage and inspire your audience with creative DIY tips like @bakersroyale_naomi. For Halloween Naomi has done various brand collaborations, like these Oreo bats – with the full recipe included on her blog!
3. You Don’t Have To Spend The Earth
You don’t have to spend lots of money on elaborate Halloween content. A little bit of creativity goes a long way as All That is She demonstrates with her #objectsforoutfits post.
4. Think Outside Of The (Bento) Box
Unique content has a longer shelf like. Stand out and boost engagement by thinking outside the box.
5. Have Fun Being Whoever You Want To Be!
“When I was younger, my dad REFUSED to let me go for Halloween as my favourite character ever: the pink Power Ranger. So now, some 15 years later, I purchased a ladies’ adult large Pink Power Ranger bodysuit and fully rocked it in all my pink pride.” Phillip Picardi
ZINE creates free tools and resources for influencers like you to help grown your business. Our favourite tool is the ZINE influencer media kit which you can use when pitching to the scariest brands! When you join ZINE you’ll also get included in our influencer database, which brands use when looking for influences to collaborate with.
That means, though joining our community, you may also receive collaborations directly through to your in box! Click the box below to join over 50,000 influencers on ZINE
I’m Head of Marketing at ZINE where I am helping peers and customers who want to revolutionise their influencer marketing strategy. I love food, fitness and Min Pins.